Thursday, June 19, 2014

Being an Unknown Author

Hi, my name is Cassie. I am a writer. Ask me about my book…

All through this newsletter, you will find out different aspects about me that are aiding me in the quest to become a Well-Known Author. Being Unknown won’t get you discovered. Do you know how many musicians or comedic talents have been discovered using social media sites? I have heard stories about discoveries being made on Myspace, Facebook, and Youtube. I’m sure those aren’t the only sites either.

What those people had in common is they allowed access to their talent and people started talking about them. Then, word spread.

I used the connections I’ve made in my life. I initially ordered 125 copies of my first book Adoptive Personality. In a two week time span I sold around 80 of those books and gave a couple away to special people and libraries. Since then I sold a trickle of books the two weeks after that but when you exhaust friends and family and friends or friends, you have to wait for those people to read the book and pass it along.

I created a twitter page to search out book clubs and review sites. It’s all a waiting game now. I have books out to Virginia, Texas, California, North Carolina, Colorado, Massachusetts, Kentucky, and New York.

Virginia is by far the most sold state. My plan to get myself out there is to have a Gossip at the Park event for Adoptive Personality. I want readers and fans to spread the word. Have you ever read an intriguing novel and wanted to know what the author was thinking? Well, I’ll be there to answer your questions. I want to gossip about my book. I want to know readers thoughts and feelings.

And the best thing of all, bring the friend or family member you’ve been telling about the book. The remaining books I have for sale will be available as well as the electronic version for purchase.

If you ever hope to become a Well-Known Author, your book has to be gossiped about. People have to want to read it and get their hands on their own copies.

I’m hoping that my efforts in trying to become visible increase with time. I continue to use my personal and professional networks, as well as, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Email, and Youtube. In the future, I will have a website linking you to all of my sites and getting access to my monthly newsletter for Unknown Author News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home