Thursday, June 5, 2014

Special Release: My first published work: A Poem entitled "No Kermit Here"

Euantes Magazine, George Washington High School, Volume 29, June 1997, p. 25 under my maiden name Cassie Dudley.

Now keep in mind that I said I was disturbingly imaginative:

No Kermit Here
An amphibian body lies on the table of my biology lab.
Pin and needles hold back stretched skin.
The frog’s eyes bulge.
Its intestines look like worms in a silver bowl.
The tweezers raise a tiny heart from the limp body.
Digestive organs seem in place, but reproduction failed.
Stenched in formaldehyde, a black sac of dead babies lay concealed in her stomach.
I know it was weird right, at the time I had to dissect a frog and that frog was pregnant and it made a huge impression on me. I wrote the poem for a free-lance assignment and was told it was going to be in the school magazine. My friend, Heather, hi Heather, found this magazine in the bottom of her closet in mint condition and was sweet enough to call and remind me I had something else published way back when.

Until next time…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home