Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why do I write?

I am not a great artist but I am an avid fan of TV shows, movies, music, and well written books. My mother started my love of books. All of her houses always had large or wall-to-wall bookshelves filled with several different genres of books.

As I got into reading, I realized why her collection contained so many genres. If you like to read as much as my mother and I, you run out of books if you limit yourself to just one type or another.

I also have an active imagination. When I was deciding what words I would use to describe my writing, this is what I came up with: disturbingly imaginative, creatively explosive, excitedly twisted, compulsively detailed, and quick witted. I have three new story ideas for books besides the self-published book Adoptive Personality I have available now, and my current work Abduction at Home.

Adoptive Personality was conceived in 1998 in a creative writing class I took at Danville Community College. I finished that novel in June of 2012. It took a long time to bring that masterpiece to fruition but it was because of nothing more than procrastination.

I have discovered just how much I like to write and I want to make a career of it. That means saying goodbye to procrastination. It means putting my heart and soul into my books and then digging deeper to get them into the public’s hands.

I may have a tagline for Adoptive Personality: Where sexy is disturbingly interesting. That also means I must have a tagline for myself: I am a writer. Ask me about my book…

I am fascinated and overjoyed when a new person discovers my book. I love to know what they think; good or bad. I encourage all my readers to contact me through email cassandrascearce@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home