Thursday, June 5, 2014

All about me...

My name is Cassandra Scearce, but I prefer Cassie. I grew up in a large family. I am one in a set of triplets (all girls) and I have a younger sister. In that set of triplets, I have an identical twin. My mother and father met and married in the Army at boot camp to become MPs.

We were raised in Holyoke, Massachusetts until we were 11 and then we moved to Danville, Virginia. I am a mother of three girls myself. One is 13, one will be 13 in just over a month, and my baby girl turns 6 before the end of the year. My loving husband and I have been together for 15 years. He has spent the last seven in the Army as an Infantryman. We have been through three deployments (twice to Iraq and once to Afghanistan) and moved countless times.

I was raised half my childhood in Massachusetts and the other half in Virginia. This causes me to think of myself as a Southern Yankee. The military has brought us to Killeen, TX where he was stationed at Fort Hood from 2008-2013 and then to Radcliff, KY from 2013-2014 at Fort Knox. In September of this year we will be moving again so that my husband can become a recruiter for the next three years. Oh the exciting times ahead…

I completed an Associate of Administrative Support Technology: Medical Office Specialization and an Associate of Science from Danville Community College in 2005. I also completed a Bachelor of Social and Criminal Justice from Ashford University in 2013. I graduated Magna Cum Laude. That was a major accomplishment I am proud of.

I have two previous works: a poem titled No Kermit Here in the Euantes Magazine, George Washington High School, Volume 29, June 1997, p. 25 under the name Cassie Dudley and an editorial piece titled What it means to be a soldier in the Star Tribune, Chatham, VA, August 7, 2013, p. 5A under the name Cassie Scearce.

I have spent almost my entire working life working as a waitress for everything from pancakes to steaks and seafood. I also spent a great deal of time working in a secretarial capacity at Danville Community College. I am an avid reader. I have a bookworm tattooed on my ribs as well as 12 others. I always have a book somewhere waiting to be read. I love to write and I’m good at it. That’s me in a nutshell…

Thank you to Sally Popu, www.sallypictures.com, for taking such a beautiful photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home